Friday, September 17, 2010

Volver a vivir

We'll start with Wednesday. Per usual, I had philosophy. Afterwards Shuan and Andrea and I decided to try one of the places Claire suggested for lunch. However, after I got rather lost Shaun picked another place and we ended up eating there. It turned out to be the first place I ate empanadas here! Discussion section of Crime/Society was cancelled so lunch was long. However, eventually lecture rolled around. Because the buildings are still taken by the students, professors must have class outside in the parking lot, where all of the chairs were conveniently placed to demonstrate the taking of the building. We then had an hour-long conversation about whether or not it was appropriate to even have class during the demonstrations. It was a rough hour of my life, because the end result was still a waste of time. We all wrote down our email addresses, and the poor man was very confused as to how I could have an email address that didn't have any country abbreviation at the end.

Yesterday was IFSA-day! I had to register with the police at 10, and I'm no longer allowed to leave the country. That is, until I fill out the rest of my forms in a month. Then I had class and a meeting with my adviser. I made up some information about the readings I haven't done and scampered home. Then I had dinner with the director of the program at his super-swanky apartment in San Telmo. I met someone else who is staying for a year, and he offered me his seat on the Kayaking trip. It was super gracious and a great way to relax!!!!!

After the Kayaking, I got to see JORGE!!!! It was amazing. I'm sure I died of happiness every time I realized I was singing along with real-life Jorge and 3,000 other people that also loved Jorge and not just myself alone in the car with a recorded version. My friend and I were sure we were the only Americans in the theater, but it just made us feel slightly cooler.

Ok so this was actually a really old entry and now I'll write one for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment